One ship against many in a battle that has lasted a thousand years…
Greetings from the Sub-Arctic!
Stanley’s first big snowstorm. He wasn’t sure what to make of it, but once he got into it, he was a big fan. He loves the snow. But it’s getting deeper, almost too deep for his short legs.
I have to say that I thought a month on the road eating at hotels and whatever I wanted would do me in, but in less than a week, I was back to 190.0 pounds. When I left, I was at 188.8. I still need to continue detoxing, not the sugar, but the fried foods. A lot of good tasting stuff out there that doesn’t need sugar.
Keeping it light today but scroll all the way. I have another picture of Stanley at the end.
¯¯¯¯¯¯ *** ¯¯¯¯¯¯
Battleship: Leviathan comes out tonight!
Pick it up right now for 99 cents and have it waiting for you when you get up in the morning.
A derelict warship, ancient but still alive. A small team of humans fighting for all humanity.
Built for a time when the races were just finding their way to the stars, finding that they could dominate others. The galactic conquests created the arms race and the ancients, the Progenitors had to protect their own. They built a ship to drive the others away.
It worked. And it didn’t. The Progenitors abandoned the galaxy to the newcomers, leaving relics behind as monuments to their failure.
Humanity spread to the stars and ran headlong into the established races. A new war begins, and no one conducts war better than humanity except for the Blaze Collective.
The two go head-to-head while humanity frantically searches for something to give them an advantage. Ancient technology. The derelicts scattered across the galaxy. Gutted and useless.
Except for one, hidden in plain sight, close to Earth. Major Declan Payne takes his team aboard to find that the ship is no derelict, and it needs him as much as humanity needs it.
Battleship: Leviathan. A Doomsday Weapon whose only goal is peace.
You should probably buy the whole series while you’re on Amazon…
Leviathan’s War – November 2nd (https://geni.us/BL02)
Leviathan’s Last Battle – December 7th (https://geni.us/BL03)
¯¯¯¯¯¯ *** ¯¯¯¯¯¯
Is the insider’s view how you want to see the world?
It’s a different way to read the stories.
Do you want to read any of the books shown below before anyone else, like before they even go to the editor? Join my Patreon at the second tier and you’ll get complete books when they’re finished. I’ve already posted five or six books over there that are not yet available for sale. Don’t wait. Read now. You can get them along with a metric butt-ton of other stuff that has not yet published – https://www.patreon.com/craigmartelle
For the Authors on my list, I have one of my Successful Indie Author titles in a massive NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) set. Take a look – if you are an author, budding or otherwise, there is something in this set for you.
¯¯¯¯¯¯ *** ¯¯¯¯¯¯
End Days #5, Beyond Alpha coming Oct 11 – fans of End Days, you wanted more, you’re getting more. The rest of the story is coming. Back from the editor, back from the proofreaders. All is well. They really liked it. And E.E. tells me that he has the plot for book six ready…
Not Enough Book #1, Echo Breaker, a coming of age fantasy. This balances well for readers of all ages, but especially for those who are growing up and wondering what their place is. A little something for every reader. Books #1 and #2 are written and off to the editor. Here are the final covers for the series. I’m 58 years old, and I thought this was a great story (I’m sure I”m biased but a good story is a good story).
Echo Breaker – October 18th (https://geni.us/NotEnough1)
Echo Chaser – November 2nd (https://geni.us/NotEnough2)
Echo Ender – December 13th (pre-order not quite ready)
Shadow Vanguard 6 – Family Reunion
Tommy D’s (God rest his soul) final book. It is finished and with the editor. I hope you like the story.
Ian Bragg 4 – A Fatal Bragg
The Marines are under fire…
…and it takes someone outside the government to fix the problem.
Ian and Jenny Bragg return in this standalone suspense action adventure. It’s a race against the clock and a group that’s been in place for years…
Coming November 26th.
A Fatal Bragg – https://geni.us/IanBragg4
Zenophobia – the trilogy. Anthropomorphic space opera: Think Island of Dr. Moreau in space without the horror, just a search for truth. Coming October 25…
Glory – An epic military science fiction tale. We’re at 100k words and winding down with an earth-shaking climactic battle in Book #1. Glory will publish this year. Books #2 and #3 will push to next year, but did I tell you that it’s epic? One old ship, in mothballs, little better than scrap, challenged with nothing less than defeating a technologically superior alien enemy. But it carries a secret the aliens don’t know and may not be ready for. Drake has one shot to save humanity.
Coming November 22nd
I have a short story in a Baen anthology called No Time for Knights coming this fall – a little Sci-Fi Noir. A washed-up cop in an America taken over by AI.
After you’ve read this far… I have started writing JJE14 – Jack the Ripper.
Rivka will match wits with one attempting to bring back the terror of the infamous killer from the 1800s. I’m looking to finish this one by the end of October to publish in December to coincide with the release of Rivka’s third box set with books 9-12.
¯¯¯¯¯¯ *** ¯¯¯¯¯¯
Craig Martelle Stories available for free!
- The Green Door of Fate (an audiobook) – https://dl.bookfunnel.com/sjzsmyj5nr or get it as an ebook – https://dl.bookfunnel.com/m4p4psj0t9
- Fear Peace – https://dl.bookfunnel.com/nzhwlsdy1w (a story of galactic betrayal)
- The Tide Changes – https://dl.bookfunnel.com/efxi5f4kjw (A tale from the Four Horsemen Universe)
- Fall Before the Spring – https://BookHip.com/VFBKFS (a Marine’s second chance)
- The Outcast – https://BookHip.com/RDPFHQ (when punishment requires service)
- Information War – https://BookHip.com/GPQBFZ (there’s more than one way to meet aliens)
- Jacob Wild McKilljoy – https://BookHip.com/MFWNLH (a ridiculous comedy romp)
- Just One More Fight – https://BookHip.com/GPLSVB (who is the alien?)
- A Galactic Affair – https://BookHip.com/QADTF (what if the aliens choose who represents humanity?)
- The Human Experiment – https://dl.bookfunnel.com/8g82o72oju (a full-length Sci-Fi novel, in case you haven’t downloaded it yet)
- A Builder’s Angst – https://dl.bookfunnel.com/jm2lqbgxlb (building a megastructure to replace Earth)
- A Language Barrier – https://dl.bookfunnel.com/wmue1fwjqz (communication is not a given)
- The Leader Within – https://dl.bookfunnel.com/7jl5sz4jy7 (a book on leadership for everyone) – I’ll be turning off the free download on this book this week. After that, it’ll be $2.99 on all platforms.
- If you like it, have your boss buy the audiobook for only $2.99 .https://buy.bookfunnel.com/vbyt6e9f1o
And another picture of Stanley in the snow.
A fox is running around in the woods, as evidenced by the tracks. Stanley can hear him but we can’t see him. It’s staying one step ahead. Outfoxed, as it may be.
¯¯¯¯¯¯ *** ¯¯¯¯¯¯
Craig Martelle’s Other Books (listed by series, also available in audio)
- Terry Henry Walton Chronicles* (co-written with Michael Anderle) – a post-apocalyptic paranormal adventure
- Gateway to the Universe* (co-written with Justin Sloan & Michael Anderle) – this book transitions the characters from the Terry Henry Walton Chronicles to The Bad Company
- The Bad Company* (co-written with Michael Anderle) – a military science fiction space opera
- Judge, Jury, & Executioner* – a space opera adventure legal thriller with Bad Company cameos
- Shadow Vanguard – a Tom Dublin series
- Superdreadnought* (co-written with Tim Marquitz)– an AI military space opera
- Metal Legion* (co-written with Caleb Wachter) – a military space opera
- The Free Trader* – a young adult science fiction action adventure
- Cygnus Space Opera* – A young adult space opera (set in the Free Trader universe)
- Zenophobia – an alien archaeological space adventure, coming late 2021
- Battleship: Leviathan – a military sci-fi adventure, coming late 2021
- Glory (co-written with Ira Heinichen) – pure military sci-fi, coming late 2021
- Darklanding* (co-written with Scott Moon) – a space western
- Mystically Engineered (co-written with Valerie Emerson) – Mystics, dragons, & spaceships
- End Times Alaska* – a Permuted Press publication – a post-apocalyptic survivalist adventure
- Nightwalker (a Frank Roderus series) with Craig Martelle – A post-apocalyptic western adventure
- End Days* (co-written with E.E. Isherwood) – a post-apocalyptic adventure
- Krimson Empire (co-written with Julia Huni) – a galactic adventure
- Successful Indie Author* – a non-fiction series to help self-published authors
- Leader Within – a standalone non-fiction book about leadership (audio available exclusively from BookFunnel)
- Metamorphosis Alpha – stories from the world’s first science fiction RPG
- The Expanding Universe – science fiction anthologies
- Monster Case Files (co-written with Kathryn Hearst) – A Warner twins mystery adventure
- Not Enough (co-written with Eden Wolfe) – a coming of age contemporary fantasy
- Rick Banik* – Spy & terrorism action adventure
- Ian Bragg* – A hitman with a conscience
- Goranth the Mighty (co-written with Jean Rabe) – an epic sword & sorcery adventure
Books published by Craig Martelle, Inc
- The Dragon’s Call by Angelique Anderson & Craig A. Price, Jr. – an epic fantasy quest
- A Couple’s Travels – a non-fiction travel adventure series
- Mischief Maker by Bruce Nesmith – contemporary fiction on Norse mythology
- Love-Haight by Jean Rabe and Donald J. Bingle – a mystery, horror, humorous, paranormal legal drama